Chilli Potato Introduction:
Basically a Transformed version of Chinese or Asian cuisine which has developed a great taste to Indian taste buds.i have already shared the Chilli Paneer recipe previously, I was getting several requests for Chilli Potato recipe. To be honest, I am great fan of this recipe, and I always prefer to have this recipe. Essentially in this recipe, I have clubbed the wedges and chilli sauce recipe. Potatoes can also be cavernously fried with besan batter to prepare potato fritters and later sauteed with chilli gravy sauce.
Some important tips and recommendations for a perfect crispy chilli potato recipe. Firstly the peeled and sliced potatoes have to be boiled with water to detach the excess starch from it. Otherwise, the wedges may turn soft and mushy while deep frying. Secondly, I have added hot and sweet tomato sauce in place of chilli sauce. If you do not like the sweet taste, then add chilli sauce. Lastly, I have added corn starch to enlarge the chilli gravy. This is not mandatory but helps to coat the gravy to potato wedges.
Chilli Potato Ingredients:
- FOR FRYING POTATOES:
- 2 medium-sized potatoes
- 4 cups of water
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- ½ tsp black pepper, crushed
- oil for deep frying
- OTHER INGREDIENTS:
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, finely chopped
- 1-2 green chili, roughly sliced
- 2 stem spring onions, chopped
- ½ medium-sized onion, petals
- ½ small sized capsicum, cubed
- 2 tbsp hot and sweet sauce, alternatively use 2 tbsp tomato sauce + ½ tsp chili sauce + ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- salt to taste
- ¼ cup cornflour paste, mix 2 tsp of cornflour in ¼ cup water
- ¼ tsp black pepper, crushed
Frying Potato Recipe:
- First of all, peel the skin of potatoes and chop them into thick pieces.
- Furthermore, boil the potato pieces for 2 minutes adding little salt in the water.
- Drain the water and keep potatoes aside.
- Cool completely.
- Further, add 1 tbsp of cornflour and crushed pepper to the potatoes.mix well making sure the corn flour gets coated uniformly.
- Now deep fry the potatoes into the hot oil. instead, bake at 200-degree celsius for 15-18 minutes or till the potatoes are golden and crisp.
- Stir occasionally, till the potatoes turn golden brown and crisp.
- Drain the fried potatoes onto the kitchen towel and keep aside.
- Firstly, heat the oil and add garlic, ginger and green chili.
- Saute till the raw smell disappears.
- Further, saute spring onions white part.
- Preserving greens, for garnishing.
- Moreover, saute onion and capsicum till they slightly shrink.
- Additionally, add 2 tbsp hot and sweet sauce (alternatively use 2 tbsp tomato sauce + ½ tsp chili sauce + ½ tsp sugar).
- Furthermore, add 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp vinegar, and salt to taste.
- Mix well till the sauce is combined.
- Now add cornflour paste. to prepare cornflour paste, mix 2 tsp of cornflour in ¼ cup water.
- Mix continuously till the sauce turn translucent.
- Further, add fried potatoes and spring onions green.
- Also, add crushed pepper and mixed gently making sure the sauces are coated well to potatoes.
- finally, serve crispy chilli potato hot with fried rice.
- Adding cornflour to potatoes makes potatoes more crispy.
- Moreover, deep fry on a medium flame for more crispy and even browning of potatoes.
- Otherwise, bake at 200-degree celsius for 15-18 minutes or till the potatoes are golden and crisp.
- Crispy chili potato tastes great when prepared spicy.
- However, adjust the spiciness according to your choice.